- Christian Blank is joining Infiniti to take the lead on the development of the brand presence in the Central European region
- His main missions will be developing the presence of Infiniti in the region and driving the dealer performance.
- In total, about 45 other sites should open doors in the next 3 years in Germany, 5 in Switzerland, 3 in Austria and 3 in Poland to support Infiniti Europe growth ambitions.
ROLLE, Switzerland – Infiniti's ambitious expansion plans have been given a boost with the appointment of Christian Blank to support its development in Central Europe. He joins the Japanese premium brand in a phase of further growth and will lead Infiniti in identifying opportunities in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Poland.
The 39-year-old Blank comments: "To support Infiniti's development in Central Europe at a time when the company is staring to accelerate its position within the market-place is an extraordinary opportunity."
Blank continued: "The Company is still in its infancy within Europe but with the high level partnership continuing with F1™ world champions Red Bull Racing, the unique Infiniti Center program and the growing product range of performance cars we are building the platform to ensure we have a sustainable and successful future."
Following the European introduction of the brand in 2008, Infiniti is now represented in 20 European countries with 56 centers. Furthermore, Infiniti is introducing new products to the market over the next few years. A new G saloon for Europe will be revealed at the Geneva motor show in 2013 followed by a luxury compact vehicle to be produced in Europe and a luxury electric vehicle based on the Infiniti Concept LE shown at the Paris Motor Show earlier this year.
Christian Blank (39): Blank started his professional career in 1999 as a strategy consultant for Roland Berger where he developed strategic concepts in the areas of purchasing, human resources and product portfolio for premium car companies. Other national and international engagements included a stop in Tokyo, where in 2003 he was responsible for the establishment of the Asia office of Industrial Investment Council GmbH. Born in Kiel (Germany) Blank joined in 2007 Mazda Motor Europe GmbH in Leverkusen. After various positions and responsibilities in the international sales department he recently oversaw, as Director European Fleet Operations, the business in both the wholesale and fleet sector. He holds degrees of the Leipzig Graduate School of Management (Master of Science in Management) in Germany and from Ohio University, College of Business, USA (Master of Business Administration).
Notes to editors
- Infiniti, the premium automotive brand, reflects its brand promise "Inspired Performance" with a model line-up of sedans, coupés, SUVs and crossovers featuring exhilarating performance, emotive design and cutting edge technology. Infiniti continues to launch across the globe through a dedicated network of Infiniti Centers that share a commitment to exceptional hospitality throughout the entire period of ownership.
- Infiniti was launched in 1989 in the United States. Infiniti's global footprint expanded into Canada in 1990, Taiwan in 1997, the Middle East in 2004, Korea in 2005 and Russia in 2006. Global expansion continued in 2007 with Infiniti Centers opening in the Ukraine and in one of the world's fastest growing luxury automotive markets, China. In 2008 Infiniti, launched in Western and Central Europe which has added 20 additional markets. Infiniti is sold globally in 47 markets to-date.
- Since May 2012, Infiniti Motor Company Ltd.'s new global headquarters is situated in Hong Kong, headed by Johan de Nysschen as President of Infiniti on 1 July.
Press information, Photographs and videos are available from www.infinitipress.eu. No password is required.
# # #
Eva Ng Kon Tia
Communications and Events Manager
T: +41 21 822 4951